Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Rolls

My love of buffalo chicken has been discussed around these parts before (see here, here, and here) so when I stumbled upon another buffalo chicken recipe, this time on pinterest, I had to give it a try.


I shredded two chicken breasts (that I had boiled) and coated them, heavily, with Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce.  It's important to let the chicken sit in the sauce for awhile, and stir it regularly, because it is very absorbent and you want the chicken to be as buffalo-laden as possible.


I laid out my wontons and, in one corner, placed bean sprouts (for crunch), some of the chicken, and a little bit of crumbled bleu cheese.


I baked them, on a preheated baking stone, at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.


And the result was nothing short of wonderful.  They were light, crisp, extremely flavorful, with just the right amount of crunch from the sprouts and zing from the bleu cheese.  We had ours with a football full of ranch for dipping (naturally).

Because buffalo chicken is a staple in our diet (particularly during football season) I thought it perfect to feature a shoe that is staple in one's wardrobe.  Behold the simple, pointed-toe pump.

Jimmy Choo via Saks

Now, obviously, the tangerine color makes it a little more of a standout than a staple, but given that I live in Florida and that color tends to pop against tan skin, I think they're entirely appropriate as a go-to pump.  No?

No comments:

Post a Comment