Monday, October 22, 2012

Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers

Let me preface this post by informing you that you will not get a photo of the final product.  To say that these stuffed peppers are nothing to look at in their final, edible form would be an understatement.


This recipe, which I discovered on pinterest, naturally, did not indicate that one should pulverize the vegetables in a food processor to begin, but that is exactly what I did (not intentionally - but I got distracted and things happened).


I had to really smoosh my peppers into the crock pot. but smoosh them I did, and they fit just like the recipe said they should.


I used ground turkey in my recipe instead of beef or pork, and I also left out the tomato paste in favor of dumping a can of tomato sauce over the top of my peppers.


I set my crockpot to cook on low for 9 hours, then threw some cheese on top when I got home from work for a little extra something.  The peppers were good, but I have one caveat:  you really need to season the stuffing MUCH MORE than the recipe says.  They were bland.  I added extra seasoning to mine, and they were still bland.  And nobody wants a bland pepper.  Otherwise, they were super-filling and easy, so I plan on trying them again.  I will report back.

These, however, are in no way, shape, or form bland:

B Brian Atwood via Bergdorf Goodman

I am loving the subtle color-blocked snakeskin and think these would be amazingly versatile.  Happy birthday to me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment