Monday, May 14, 2012

Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches

Even before I got back into eating beef, I loved a French Dip sandwich.  It was for the bread, really, and the gooey, stringy cheese.  And the sauteed onions.  The beef was always secondary.  This crockpot version, though, made me change my mind.


A couple of packets of french onion soup mix, LOTS of garlic, and enough beef broth to cover the roast of your choosing is all it takes.  And eight hours on a low setting.  Your kitchen will smell magical, I guarantee it.


I went ahead and caramelized some onions to go with the beef (which I was able to shred in the crockpot after about 5 hours), toasted some hoagie rolls, and added provolone (melted in the oven before adding the toppings, naturally).  The caramelized onions provided a sweet contrast to the garlic and onion in the beef broth.  These sandwiches were not lacking in flavor in any way, shape, or form.  And they were easy!  It doesn't get much better than that!

Now that I have found (and purchased) the most perfect pair of shoes, ever for my wedding, it's time to focus on the rehearsal.  I have no idea what I'm going to wear, but planning my ensemble around the shoes seems like a good idea.  I welcome any and all suggestions, starting with these:


Yves Saint Laurent via Barneys

I would not feel at all bad spending some cold, hard cash on these bad boys, as I know I'd wear them again and again.  And it's possible that I could find tons of dresses to go with them.  It's a starting point, if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment