Friday, May 18, 2012

Quickie Friday: Kale Chips

Is it just me, or is everybody talking about kale these days?  Throw it in a smoothie!  Make it into chips!  You won't miss potato chips, I SWEAR!!!  It's wearing me out (although the new thing seems to be chia seeds?  Maybe kale is slipping into the background?).  Either way, I jumped on the bandwagon (as I am known to do, when it comes to food) and made some kale chips.


Were they easy to make?  Yes.  Were they tasty?  Yes (I spritzed them with olive oil spray, sprinkled them with sea salt, and baked them for about half an hour).  Did they keep well?  HELL NO.  Apparently, peeps, to enjoy kale chips you have to be committed to eating them as soon as they're out of the oven and cooled.  Lesson learned, but I will make them again, with that in mind.

Another lesson I learned, recently, is how to take care of a pool.  Why is that, you may ask?  BECAUSE THE F AND I BOUGHT A HOUSE!  WITH A POOL!  So now I have to buy shoes to wear while I clean said pool (because I hear those chemicals can cause serious burns).


Too much?!

No comments:

Post a Comment