Friday, May 11, 2012

Quickie Friday: Spanish Rice Cakes

I'm starting to worry that the time has come where I'm running out of healthy recipes.  Sure, there are recipes all over the internet that are low-calorie, but a lot of those that I've tried just aren't good.  That's a problem for me.  So when I tried an as-yet untested recipe from my favorite cookbook, Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes, I was thrilled.


I made the rice cakes out of a package of Spanish rice, egg, and some cheese.  The key to getting them to stay together is using enough cheese and egg and applying cooking spray LIBERALLY to your pan.  Seriously.  Served with a chicken breast, some sauteed peppers, and a sauce of sour cream and lime juice, this was delicious, light, and a keeper in my book of "light" recipes.

 I am also worrying that my taste level, in the shoe department, is on a downward spiral.


Could I possibly like these?  Or am I just absolutely losing my marbles.  I'm not sure that they have enough black to be a suitable addition to my wardrobe, but they're certainly unlike anything else in my closet.  (Literally, anything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment