Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Knockoff Chicken Nuggets

Not until I moved south (and by south I mean south of the arctic tundra where I grew up), to Ohio, did I have the pleasure of experience the GREATNESS that is Chick-fil-A.  How do people live in a world without it?  The chicken is divine.  Waffle fries?  Glorious.  And I don't even like potatoes.


In a quest to recreate greatness, I thought I'd make some magical, Chick-fil-A nugget knockoffs.  And they were pretty spot on.  Marinate the chicken (cut into bite size pieces) for at LEAST 4 hours in a mixture of eggs and buttermilk.  Then toss the chicken in a mixture of powdered sugar (2 Tablespoons) and flour (about two cups) with some salt and pepper, and deep fry.


Seriously.  Magical.  They taste JUST LIKE THE REAL THING.  I'm not kidding.  I'm getting pretty good at this knockoff business.

I know I'm not supposed to support fashion knockoff's because it's bad for the market and designers don't get enough copyright protection in the U.S.A. and blah blah blah, but . . .

Burberry via Saks

I really wish Burberry would either (a) send these to me because I'm a good cook or (b) lower the price for a day so that I could afford them because I would hate to ask (c) somebody to knock them off.  *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can make these for Hallie and I when we are there in July :)

    ReplyDelete