Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Slow Cooker Turkey Meatball Stroganoff

This recipe arrived in my inbox one fine day, a few weeks back, and I couldn't resist giving it a shot.  Having never been a fan of traditional stroganoffs, however, I decided to make a few changes and make this extra spicy.


I used spicy brown mustard instead of dijon, and added plenty of white pepper and tobasco to my sauce to make it as spicy and flavorful as possible.


I also had a hard time finding light french onion dip, so I used the heavy stuff.  That was a decision that, while not good for the waist-line, I definitely recommend, because the flavor was tremendous.


And I've never met an egg noodle I didn't like, so while I would've preferred to serve this atop some sort of healthy somethingorother, the egg noodles were an obvious choice.

My inner horseback-riding-loving North Dakota girl totally came out when I saw these boots:


These are totally the boots that fashionable Ash would have worn to horse camp, lo those many years ago.  And she would have rocked the shit heck out of them - so much so that I think I need them now, to reconnect with my youth.  My birthday is creeping up, and feeling 12 again wouldn't be so bad (without the things that made being 12 so awkward, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment