Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Spinach and Feta rolls

I am a big fan of canned tomato soup.  What does that have to do with spinach and feta rolls, you may be wondering?  Well, sometimes I need something to go with my tomato soup that doesn't involve salt and slightly-leavened bread.  Enter spinach and feta rolls.


In a bowl, combine 1 package of frozen, chopped spinach (thawed and thoroughly drained) with 10 ounces of fat free ricotta and a package of crumbled, fat-free feta (I used garlic feta).  I added salt, pepper, more garlic (3 cloves) and a touch of red pepper.


Cut up two sheets of frozen puff pastry to make 12 small rectangles, and place a big blob (that's a technical term) of the spinach mixture on one end.  (Trust me when I say you want to put a lot on there - the puff pastry expands so much you want a good ratio). 


Brush the rolled pastry with egg wash, then bake them at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until they're golden brown.  I don't have a picture of the after because I was cooking up a storm the day I made these, and couldn't remember what I needed to take pictures of!  Trust me when I say they're tasty AND great with cheap, canned tomato soup.

Trust me when I say, too, that I need these pumps:

Brian Atwood via Bergdorf Goodman

Purple!  Calf hair!  111th Anniversary!  PURPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment