Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ham & Cheese Quinoa Cups

Blah blah foodie board on pinterest blah blah blah.

I love pinterest.  Especially for recipes.  This recipe (conveniently from a blogger in Iowa . . . the F would be so proud) was easy to make (with a few tweaks) and yielded quinoa cups for over a week!


I always drain my quinoa first, so it won't be bitter.


Eggs, cheese, zucchini, onion, red pepper, salt, white pepper, and jalapenos.  What's not to love?


Oh, that's right, it needs quinoa.  Mix it all together and cup-it-up!


I am convinced that mini muffin tins are one of the world's greatest inventions.  Seriously.  Bite-size muffins, whether sweet, savory, or somewhere in between, are a gift from the gods.

I actually ended up freezing this batch to reheat for on-the-go breakfasts, so I didn't get an after picture, but they looked identical to Iowa girl's and they were TASTY.

What do we think of these, peeps?

Sartore via Barneys

The swing back to grunge in fashion, recently, is really speaking to my inner (and outer) Nirvana fan.  If only these, paired with ripped jeans and a flannel shirt, were appropriate librarian apparel.  *sigh*

1 comment: