Monday, February 27, 2012

Buttermilk Roast Chicken

I have spoken, on occasions prior (here and here come to mind) of my love of Smitten Kitchen (and I am BEYOND STOKED for Deb's cookbook to come out), so when I saw this recipe for Buttermilk Roast Chicken it became immensely obvious that I needed to try it.


I made my own buttermilk and put the chicken in the marinade 24 hours before roasting.  I would've liked to have let it soak for another day, but I literally saw this recipe and made it the next night.


I don't cook with paprika often, and when I do I'm always reminded that that's silly.  I love paprika.  And the combination of it with the garlic and buttermilk in this recipe is DIVINE.


The chicken roasted so perfectly and was so tender and full of flavor that I kicked myself for not making a billion other recipes that I have bookmarked from Smitten Kitchen.  This was a reminder to do just that.  Soon.

Similarly, I also love the B Brian Atwood line and would like to remind myself to purchase each and every pair from the collection.  Including these:

B Brian Atwood via Bergdorf Goodman

Sensible budget (much like sensible eating) be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment