Friday, February 17, 2012

Quickie Friday: Cheesy Asparagus

I try and use asparagus in my cooking as much as possible, because I find it delicious and word on the street is that it's good for you, too (don't tell the F).


This time around, I steamed my asparagus, topped it with hickory-smoked gruyere and a drizzle of olive oil, then popped it under the broiler until the cheese was nice and toasty.  It was wonderful as a side dish to some buttermilk-roasted chicken (more on that later).

I have a question, peeps, and it relates to these:

via

How are we feeling about the cork?  I remember my first pair of cork platform sandals:  they were denim on top and I could stick pushpins into the platform.  I'm not sure if that's a fond memory or a frightening one, so I require further input from the masses.  Yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment