Monday, February 13, 2012

Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwiches

I am of the opinion that sometimes there is no better meal than a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup.  I am also of the (humble as it may be) opinion that I make a mean grilled cheese sandwich, because mine includes bacon.  And cheese with bacon flavor.  I am a grilled cheese and bacon master.


The perfect grilled cheese sandwich begins with sourdough bread (thinly sliced) and a layer of sharp, yellow cheddar cheese, followed by a thinly sliced layer of hickory smoked gruyere cheese (which tastes like a heavenly cheese and bacon hybrid), then another layer of cheddar, and then a slice or two of crispy, delicious bacon.  Then more cheese (of course), then another slice of sourdough.  And toasted to perfection.


Also important to this, the most divine of simplistic meals:  jazzed up soup.  Shock of all shocks, this soup is canned, BUT I added some things to it.  Campbell's tomato soup + sauteed, minced garlic + canellini beans + parmesan cheese and fresh cracked black pepper = THE PERFECT ACCOMPANIMENT TO THE SOUP.

As I said, I'm a master (even if part of my mastery involves canned foods).

And speaking of masters . . .

Christian Louboutin via Barneys

That is one helluva shoe.  I believe, of course, that you can never go wrong with Loubs.  So much so that I'm debating ordering a pair to wear in my engagement pictures.  If only it could be these . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment