Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Turkey Enchilada Casserole

This recipe caught my eye some time back, largely because of the accompanying picture of the dish (as an aside, cookbooks MUST have pictures, don't you think?  I'm pretty sure I picked this cookbook-photo obsession up from my mother [HI MOM!] but it makes recipes look so much more appealing, even if they seem difficult at the outset [which this recipe is not, so don't fear]).


Picture or not, this casserole is awesome.  And it's only 250 calories per serving.  I was thinking, the other day, that with all the talk of the weekday (which I just typed as "weakday" . . . that's a slip if ever there was one) diet, my readers who don't know me may think that the BF and I look like supermodels.


We don't.  I won't scar you with pictures, but suffice it to say that with weekends spent stuffing our faces with tasty treats like this, this, and this, the weekday diet doesn't always serve its purpose.

I'm going to go astray from my typical shoe post today because of one reason and one reason only:  my BFF/"brother" and his wife are having a baby this year, and so is the BF's BFF.  I have spent many free hours perusing the internet for the perfect baby gift.

Gucci via Saks

Baby Girl Gucci.  Also known as the world's coolest (albeit most impractical) baby gift.  Bad idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment