Thursday, March 10, 2011

Biscuits and Gravy

There is nothing that I (and the BF) love more than biscuits and gravy and ever since the move to Florida, I have been making my gravy with a mix.

That's right, peeps, a mix.  How very un-cooking blog of me, right?  I know.

My mom gave me a super-easy gravy recipe that has officially and forever replaced the mix I used to use.


Brown one pound of hot pork sausage over medium high heat, then mix in 1/2 cup of flour until the sausage is well coated.  After that, whisk in 3 cups of milk (I used skim, but any kind will do), let it come to a boil, add salt and pepper (and, in  my case, white pepper and tobasco) and let it thicken, and that's it!


I served the gravy with my world-famous (or just famous to the BF) biscuits and scrambled eggs, and it was wonderful!


My favorite breakfast is definitely better now that I can make it from scratch!

Speaking of favorites, I have a black leather Miu Miu skirt in my closet that is DYING for some fabulous shoes to go with it.


Miu Miu via Barneys.

These would be amazing, and a girl can never have too many fabulous labels.  Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment