Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ricotta Parfaits

As I mentioned yesterday, the BF and I have recently begun a diet.  A major diet.  One that involves not only lower calories, but more well-rounded meals.  To that end, breakfast is now in order on a daily basis, and each breakfast must be tasty AND healthy.


For two of these parfaits, I combined 1/2 cup skim ricotta, 1/4 cup low fat, organic, french vanilla yogurt (special note:  I DESPISE YOGURT.  I hate it more than almost any food in the world.  Combining it with ricotta solves some of my issues because I don't have to feel it's slimy, goopy, disgusting texture on my tongue), and one tablespoon of wheat germ.


I put half of the ricotta/yogurt mixture in a glass, then topped it with one tablespoon sugar free raspberry jam, 1/4 cup Bear Naked granola with almonds, and some frozen berries with pomegranates that I thawed in the microwave.  While this isn't going to be my number one go-to breakfast, it was extremely filling, full of protein, fiber, and sweetness, and gave me a lot of energy for the day.  The BF, who is normally hungry for lunch at 10:30 a.m., said this held him over until 1:00 p.m.  That, peeps, is a breakfast success.

Another success:  Dolce Vita for Target.


Found here.

How did I not know about this?!  Why didn't you tell me, peeps?  With my limited budget, these are perfect and currently sitting in my online shopping cart, waiting to come home to me (unless I find something even better, that is!)!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big yougurt gal, but never mixed it with ricotta...hmmm I might just have to try this!!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now your talking, ricotta and almonds, yum! I am not a big fan of yogurt either but mixed with ricotta, how bad can it be!!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete