Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Biscuits Biscuits Biscuits

Ok, so maybe I lied (a little) about hot dogs being my favorite food.  They are, but I have about a million favorite foods (hot dogs, cheese, macaroni and cheese, pf chang's lettuce wraps, the list goes on) including BISCUITS.  Specifically, baking powder biscuits from that old classic, the red and white Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  They are flaky and delicious, and the dough tastes darn good, too.

In my stand mixer, I combine 2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.  Then I cut in 1/3 cup of Crisco.  When that's pea-sized, I add 3/4 cup of milk until it forms a delicious, sticky dough.


I throw my dough on a floured board (being sure to taste it, first, to make sure I didn't accidentally poison it) and then cut out the biscuits with a glass (because it seems like a waste of money to buy a biscuit cutter).


After baking in the oven, at 450 degrees, for 12 minutes, you will have THE MOST DELICIOUS biscuits in all the world.  Seriously.  THE WHOLE WORLD.


They are delicious with sausage gravy for breakfast, used instead of bread for sandwiches, or as a side dish with a steak and veggies (which is how the BF and I will be enjoying them this evening)!  You can't go wrong with a tasty biscuit, peeps!

Great news!  My mama is coming to visit, tomorrow, to celebrate my ((*@&$!&) birthday!  Perhaps she will grace me with these as a gift


Dolce & Gabbana via Neiman Marcus.

Yea.

Right.

But hey, a girl can dream.  That's what birthdays are for, after all!

2 comments:

  1. So I checked the price of those Dolce & Gabbana shoes and although I love you a lot those will not be part of your birthday weekend!!
    See you tomorrow!!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha your mom is funny! Oh PF Chang's lettuce wraps, yum, haven't had those in foreva! I'm a lover of biscuits to and these look fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete