Sunday, October 10, 2010

Food and Wine and Sun and . . . Potatoes

HELLOOOOOOOOO! Sorry for the absence, again, peeps; the BF, BF's sister, and I were at Epcot for the International Food & Wine Festival, yesterday! And while I had EVERY intention of taking lots of pictures of all of the tasty treats, my intentions quickly fell away when confronted with champagne . . .

. . . so much champagne. So much GOOD champagne.

But I digress, this is a cooking blog, after all, not a brag-about-how-much-champagne-I-drank-at-Disney-World blog.

On Friday, I made a pretty run of the mill, steakhouse style supper, that included twice baked potatoes. I HATE potatoes.


But the BF and his sister do SO enjoy potatoes (must be an Iowa/Idaho thing) that I thought I would make some spuds for their enjoyment (because I don't cook SOLELY for the blog!  SEE!).  I brushed the potatoes with olive oil and baked them at 400 degrees for an hour.  After they baked, I sliced a crescent shape out of the top, scooped the insides out into a big bowl, and mixed some garlic, salt, pepper, heavy cream, and white and yellow cheddar in with the potatoes.  I whipped them until they were light and fluffy, spooned everything back into the skins, topped them with a little more cheese, then stuck them back in the oven at 425 for 15 minutes.


They actually looked tasty enough that I was tempted to try a bit, but I have made that mistake in the past, and it always just makes me hate potatoes even more, so I left the taters to be eaten by those who can appreciate them!

I wore my Sam Edelman "Gigi" sandals whilst walking around Epcot (and drinking champagne!):


Image from Nordstrom.

Incidentally, I made the mistake of stopping in Singapore to try a Singapore Sling . . . should you find yourself at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, avoid Singapore.

3 comments:

  1. I'm the BF's sister that was lucky enough to reap the benefits of some fabulous cooking for my birthday and again later in the week and I can vouch that these were FABULOUS along with the brown butter sause and the gratin. Oh and I can't forget the champagne at the wine festival. Well worth the trip and I would recommend to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am proud of your domestic cooking skills. and i'm a sucker for a good potato - yum!

    ReplyDelete