Thursday, October 28, 2010

My First Burger

The title is a bit of a lie, but only a bit.  I am not a lover of the hamburger, and the BF managed to woo me to the dark side by mixing ground beef with an entire jar of salsa to make my actual first burger.  This happened quite some time ago.  However, last night, I had my first regular burger.  My first burger where the meat wasn't mixed with anything crazy, although I did top it with lots of yummies.



The burgers are from Omaha Steaks and I made the hamburger buns myself!  The BF got me a bread machine for my birthday, so I decided to deflower it with buns.  hehe.


I carefully layered my burger with pepperjack cheese, a mixture of salsa and ketchup, avocado, tomato, onion, and jalapenos.  And the result was epic.


The only thing that could've made the burger better is bacon.  Because bacon is fabulous.  In the words of Jim Gaffigan "I bet if you put bits of bacon on a strip of bacon, you could travel back in time."  It's that good.  Also that good:



Lanvin via Barneys.

Oh yea.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT this was your first burger?! Yes, bacon pretty much makes anything better doesn't it! And you made those buns from scrath AND you got a bread machine for your bday, haha, you are my kind of girl : ) HAPPY HALLOWEEN LADY!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would eat the buns by themselves!! You gotta' love a bread machine!!

    ReplyDelete