Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blue(berry) Muffins

I have a confession:  I love muffins.  Another confession:  back in December, I made some muffins that sat on the counter for a wee bit too long, and almost killed the BF because he didn't think to look closely at said muffins before taking a big bite.  I won't disgust you with the details.

Since then, I haven't made muffins and thought that if I were to make muffins again, I would need a new recipe.  Cue Smitten Kitchen and the perfect blueberry muffins.  These are WONDERFUL and so easy to make.


I used frozen blueberries and, because sometimes I don't read directions closely enough, my muffins turned VERY blue because I let my blueberries thaw first.  It certainly didn't affect the flavor, though.


All warm and slathered with butter they were, as promised, perfect!

Whilst eating these perfect muffins, Arnie, the BF and I snuggled in for a mini-marathon of the Tudors and I couldn't help thinking about how much MORE I want a pair of over-the-knee boots after watching that show.  There's something fabulous about a soon-to-be queen (or plain old trollop, depending on who was asked) wearing over-the-knee boots with an enormous riding dress while galloping through the woods.  All the boot-thoughts led me to these:

Image via Nordstrom.

Elizabeth and James.  Fabulous.  And SO SO SO out of my price range.  For now . . .

4 comments:

  1. I just made blueberry muffins...out of a box though...sigh...yours look WAY freakn better. Definately not showing this picture to my son, that way he doesn't know what he's missn. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blueberry muffins! I usually make them with dried blueberries but think I might give this a try. Really like the way the color came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg those muffins loook cray yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, yummy, yummy on both the muffins and the boots.

    ReplyDelete