Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ricotta and Tomato-Stuffed Chicken

A few weeks ago, I found myself in the midst of another evening where I had to use what I had in my pantry and fridge to whip up some dinner.  I had a roma tomato, ricotta cheese, pepperoni, and a whole bunch of spices, plus some chicken and, of course, a drawer full of little bamboo skewers.  Stuffed chicken breasts seemed the way to go.


I combined a few slices of pepperoni (chopped up pretty small) with the ricotta and spices (I think I used oregano, parsley, and basil).  Then pounded 2 chicken breasts until they were super thin, then rolled them up with the ricotta mixture inside, as well as some tomato slices.


Rolled up, skewered, and grilled, these were absolutely tasty.  The BF, of course, required some sauce, so he ended up throwing some store-bought marinara on top of his.  I thought the ricotta made it creamy enough that no sauce was required!


Not the prettiest picture, but you get the idea.

I'm feeling like incorporating a little green into my wardrobe would be a good idea.

3.1 Phillip Lim via Saks

Spend a little green to get a little green, right?!

1 comment:

  1. I need to take some lessons from you on how to make a fabulous meal out of the ingredients I have in my fridge! Seriously that's amazing to me : )

    Paula

    ReplyDelete