Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Variations on a Theme: Mexican Pasta

I have been known to re-make dishes in a way that suits my mood (seen here) and this dish is no exception, being a Mexican-inspired version of other baked pasta dishes I've made in the past.


(I have REALLY got to get a better camera.)  Anyway, I browned 1/2 pound of ground beef with one medium yellow onion, white pepper, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, and salt, then added 1/2 can of black beans, 1 can of rotel tomatoes with habaneros, and 1/4 cup of salsa.  While that was simmering away, I boiled 4 servings of extra-wide egg noodles according to the package directions.



I combined the beef and bean mixture with the egg noodles, topped it all with reduced fat Mexican blend cheese, and popped it in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.


Again, I apologize for the poor picture quality.  Eventually I will solve this problem.  This dish is super easy and has a nice kick to it.  If you don't like spicy, substitute the habanero rotel for the regular and leave out the spices.

Also spicy:


Yves Saint Laurent via Bergdorf Goodman

Orange python?  Yes please.  Even better that it's on a tribute.  I think I just drooled a little . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment