Monday, June 20, 2011

Fried Zucchini Spaghetti

I realize that my opinion on topics outside of cooking (in heels!) may not interest any of you (or that my opinion on cooking really interests you that much, for that matter) but I feel the need to share nonetheless.  So here's another random factoid:  I am not a fan of Gwyneth Paltrow.  She had me at Shakespeare in Love.  She lost me when she appeared on Glee: Season Two.  (I know some people loved her guest appearance . . . I didn't and stopped watching the show shortly thereafter, but I digress).


Anyway, when Gwyneth showed up in Vogue, interviewed by Jeffrey Steingarten (my personal hero who, after being a lawyer for many years, left the profession because of his love of food.  He is truly a man after my own heart) about her upcoming cookbook, I thought maybe, maybe, I would be willing to try a recipe.  Maybe.





Then she showed up in Food & Wine, and on the cover of Bon Appetit, and I could no longer resist the urge.  I had to try this fried-zucchini spaghetti.  And peeps, I am SO glad I did.


Who knew that zucchini, pan-fried in olive oil, could be so sweet and delicious?  Not I.  Who knew that Gwyneth, mother of a daughter named after food, could actually cook good food and write delicious recipes?  Definitely not I.  I am happy to admit when I am wrong, and I was definitely wrong in my assumptions about Gwyneth's cooking.  And for that, I apologize (because I'm sure she cares).

Perhaps I could offer Gwyneth an apology, in person, while wearing these:

Giuseppe Zanotti via Bergdorf Goodman

Surely she would think my apology was important and worth her time if I were wearing such badass shoes.  Surely.

2 comments:

  1. Top this with some toasted bread crumbs, yum!! Amd I love the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting that's for sure! And I can definitely see those shoes on your tootsies!!

    ReplyDelete