Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Variations on a Theme: Stuffed Pork

Well, peeps, I am happy to report that I officially have my fill of everything the arctic tundra has to offer:  snow, cold, and Papa Murphy's Chicken Bacon Artichoke De-Lite pizza (well, I can't get enough of the pizza, let's be honest).  And I am officially thawed out (and thankful to have returned home to 70 degree temperatures . . . gotta love Florida)!

Because the BF and I were away for so long, I didn't have much in the apartment to cook with when we returned for our adventure.  So I went the easy route and changed this recipe to suit what I had in the pantry.



I pounded the pork loin super thin, sprinkled it with garlic pepper seasoning, then layered a slice of provolone, a slice of ham, and red onions on top before I rolled the whole thing up and skewered them.



I baked these babies at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 40 minutes, and they turned out AWESOME!



I served my stuffed pork with a side of biscuits (made with whole wheat flour, this time, instead of all purpose) and veggies, and I couldn't have been happier with myself.

I got an email from Saks, this week, alerting me to the presence of these:


Alexander Wang via Saks

They look like they might make my feet a little hot in the Florida sunshine, but I think my feet would be ok with that.  I know my eyes would be, every time I looked down!

2 comments:

  1. Love the recipe Ill try it out, I live in Cuba and we are hot enough around too. Nice shoes by the way i have a recipe in my blog you might like, XOXO Yaima
    http://saborami-myflavour.blogspot.com/2011/01/tostones-rellenos-stuffed-fried-bananas_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delish! i'm sure erik would love this, since we rarely eat pork. i'm skeptical about the onions but i could easily make them without or not use too many for mine. are red onions milder than others? is "milder" even a word?!

    ReplyDelete