Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas . . .

. . . and the BF wanted turkey, so that's what I made.  A version of this foolproof turkey breast, to be exact.



I prepared the brine (minus the sage, because I didn't have any) first thing in the morning, and threw my 6 and 1/2 pound turkey breast in for a day-long soak.


After spending the day getting nice and brine-y, I rinsed and dried the turkey breast, then rubbed it down with olive oil, and a mixture of garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, and oregano.  I baked my turkey for an hour and a half, covered, and half an hour, uncovered, at 325 degrees.


It came out golden and delicious and, when combined with mashed potatoes and gravy (for the BF), cheesy vegetables (prepared by the BF . . . he was required to assist somehow), rolls, and stuffing, we had ourselves quite the feast!

Even Arnie got in on the turkey action.


She's very well-behaved when there's turkey on the line.

I've had blue shoes on my mind for quite some time, now . . .


Sergio Rossi via Shopbop.

With warmer temperatures on the way (I hope) these seem all the more appropriate.  They're fun, different, and I would never get sick of looking down at my feet!

1 comment: