Monday, December 6, 2010

Moroccan Meatballs and Crappy Blogging

Oh my goodness, peeps, where has the time gone?  I have been such a crappy blogger lately.  I'm blaming it on the weather, which actually got quite cool here in Florida (although still warmer than Minnesota) and the fact that the BF and I spent 7 hours Christmas shopping on Saturday (but we got it all done, YAY!) and playing kickball yesterday.  I promise to be better.


I promise.

This recipe for Moroccan Meatballs and Couscous is actually a Pampered Chef recipe, but I got a recipe for the Moroccan seasoning from my "second dad" at Thanksgiving, and it's a little spicier but just as tasty as the Pampered Chef version!


Combine for Moroccan Spice (if you don't have the Pampered Chef spice):

2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. salt
1 1/3 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. ground cloves

For Meatballs:

3 diced green onions with tops
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
1 egg
2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. Morrocan spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. ground turkey

Combine (I use my hands, "a cook's best tool" according to Ina Garten) and grill (in a pan or in a basket on an actual grill) or bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.


For couscous:

1 and 1/2 c. water
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. apricot preserves
1 Tbsp. Moroccan spice
1 tsp. salt
1 cup uncooked couscous (I like whole wheat)
1/4 c. craisins (the recipe calls for 1/2 c. dried apricots, also, but I hate them so I leave them out!)
1 sliced green onion with tops

Combine water, oil, preserves, spice, and salt and boil.  Add couscous, craisins, and green onions.  Cover and let sit until couscous has absorbed the water, then fluff (this is best done during the last 10 minutes of your meatballs cooking).



To serve, heat 1/3 cup apricot preserves until warm and runny.  Spoon couscous into a bowl, top with meatballs, then spoon heated preserves over the top and ENJOY!

As I said, the homemade version of the Moroccan spice is quite a bit spicier than the Pampered Chef version, so plan accordingly!

I am actively planning my wardrobe for the two Christmas parties the BF and I have to attend next week.  The BF has informed me that I need to dress conservatively . . . snooze.


Sam Edelman via Nordstrom.

Perhaps if I pair these with a plain black dress, that would be conservative enough?  Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. The BF hung in there for 7 hours of xmas shopping...impressive : )

    Love me a good meatball!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete