Monday, December 13, 2010

Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Despite the fact that this weekend was completely devoid of good football (random bowl games and my poor, pitiful Bears getting trampled by stupid New England does good football make) the BF and I decided a tasty dip was in order.  I wanted to try a baked spinach and artichoke dip, since I'd never made one before, and it turned out awesome!



In a large bowl, combine:

12 oz. room temperature cream cheese (I used fat free)
1/2 cup mayo (I used fat free)
1/2 cup sour cream (again, I used fat free)
3/4 cup finely grated parmesan (to negate all of the fat free, above)
1 bag of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 12 oz. jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
red pepper, to taste (I used a couple of teaspoons)
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. salt


Pour the mixture into a 9x9 pan, top with a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese, and bake at 325 for about 25 minutes.  The dip ends up hot, bubbly, cheesy, and DELICIOUS.  I served mine with tortilla chips and sliced pita.  This would also be excellent with veggies or french bread.  Yum!

Since I am working largely from home these days, buying fancy shoes seems pretty pointless.  In fact, I work out of the house 2 days this week, then I am off of work UNTIL 2011!  It's seems so weird that it's going to be 2011!


Image via Minnetonka

Almost anybody from the north country (at least the parts where I'm from) can go on and on about the fabulous-ness of Minnetonka and their moccasins and slippers.  These slippers would be perfect for traipsing around my home office, with the occasional trip outside . . .


. . . when we aren't lounging in front of the space heater, that is.

2 comments: