Monday, July 18, 2011

Spicy, Roasted Red Pepper Pork Chops

Because the BF is not a big fan of pork (and I am), I have to find a way to dress it up (while still keeping it within the weekday diet).  This recipe (from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes, of course) was quick and easy, and fit the bill for both pleasing the BF and fitting into the diet.


Prior to grilling, the pork chops were sprinkled with a little Montreal steak seasoning (I used McCormick) and the sauce is made of roasted red peppers, adobo chilies, and some seasonings.  I added more of the chilies for an extra kick.


I made a little bit of extra sauce, and it went a long way.  The BF even took the leftovers for lunch the next day (and told me it was even spicier on day two, so that's something to keep in mind)!

Despite the fact that this country is experiencing a serious heat wave, I have fall shoes on my mind.

Elie Tahari via Neiman Marcus

The nude-colored suede and cutouts make these just about perfect, and they'd be a great summer-to-fall transitional shoe to add to my wardrobe (not that we have much of that, in Florida)!

No comments:

Post a Comment