Friday, July 29, 2011

Quickie Friday: Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

The BF has a tendency to complain about the lack of potatoes in his diet and, I suppose, I don't blame him.  He did grow up in Iowa, after all, in the heart of "meat and potatoes" land (I, also, grew up in meat and potatoes land, but grew up liking neither (red) meat nor potatoes).  To make him happy (and to keep him from annoying me further) I whipped up some mashed potatoes and gravy, just for him.


The potatoes were nothing fancy:  butter, garlic, milk, and potatoes, and the gravy even less fancy (I actually used bouillon cubes to make it . . . easy as pie), but it managed to keep the boyfriend quiet, which was more than I could ask for!

For today's quickie Friday shoe, I bring you a designer that I absolutely LOVE and have repeatedly requested be shrunken down to pocket-size so I can carry him with me all the time.


I have been an avid Project Runway-watcher since season one, and am thrilled that Christian Siriano has done so well for himself.  His collection for Payless is no exception; I have no idea as to the quality, having never seen them in person, but they're certainly thousands of steps up from the normal Payless inventory.  I am definitely making a note to venture in and check out his line very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment