Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cumin-Spiced Chicken with Chunky Tomato Sauce

I really should re-title this blog "Recipes I Pulled from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes".  I won't, of course, because that's NOT all I do and I am perfectly capable of preparing meals that are not found within this cookbook's pages . . . I'm just in a rut, I guess.


I sprinkled (thinly pounded) chicken breasts with cumin and cilantro, then grilled them until browned on both sides.


I used habanero Rotel tomatoes for my sauce, and topped the chicken breasts with low fat cheddar cheese.  As I side dish I served Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob:


(I apologize for the poor picture quality, buttered corn is surprisingly difficult to photography).  The compound butter, made for the corn, is a combination of butter (obviously), chili powder (I used a mix of chili powder and cayenne pepper), lime zest, salt, and white pepper.  It gave the corn a nice kick and a zingy flavor (yes, I'm using words like zingy now.  It's the best way to describe lime corn, by  far).

ALSO ZINGY!

Diego Dolcini via Neiman Marcus

These are SPECTACULAR.  ZINGY.  INSANE.  I can imagine absolutely no life event in which these would be appropriate, for me, so I'd probably wear them when it was entirely inappropriate:  grocery shopping, flea market, anywhere in North Dakota while visiting my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment