Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Todd's Famous Burritos

Alright, how's this for me being obnoxious:  this is a recipe for burritos that's not actually a recipe because it's a family secret and I'm trying to pull off an air of mysteriousness by not posting it.


Whew!  I will, however, tell you the one thing that makes this recipe (both the sauce and the meat):  bean dip.  And, hell, I'll even tell you how to make the sauce (and you can use any kind of burrito-insides you like)!

1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (8 oz.) can water
1 beef bouillon cube
1/2 can bean dip
Slurry of flour and water

Combine the first three ingredients over medium heat until the bouillon cube dissolves.  Whisk in the bean dip, then slowly add the slurry until the sauce has reached your desired thickness.  That's it!


I top mine with a little shredded cheese (and pop it back into the microwave to melt), sour cream, tomatoes and avocado (lettuce is also a popular option, but I don't eat lettuce on hot foods.  True story.).

It is hard for me to believe that, when it's 100 degrees and 99 percent humidity outside, I am shopping for fall shoes.  But I am.  And these are IT.

Alexander McQueen via Bergdorf Goodman

Ya know, THESE would look really cool with my graduation cap, gown, and hood.  And I will spare no expense to compliment the hood.

1 comment: