Monday, May 9, 2011

Bruschetta Chicken

Happy Monday, peeps!  I am back from The Vegas and starting a new internship today (at a federal courthouse library) so things are busy, but no so busy that I wouldn't grace you all with my presence and this fabulous bruschetta chicken (for which I have a misplaced the recipe, when I find it I'll update the post!)!


I diced two tomatoes (seeds removed) with oregano, Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper, and olive oil, and let it sit while I prepared the chicken.


The chicken (I used thinly sliced chicken breasts) was lightly breaded in a mixture of bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese, then grilled in a grill pan coated with olive oil cooking spray.


I topped the chicken with the tomato mixture, and served it all with a side of whole wheat, italian-seasoned couscous.  It was delicious and very filling, but still light.  Bruschetta is one of my favorite appetizers, so this was a great way to incorporate one of my favorite things into the weekday diet.

How stinkin' cute are these:


Manolo Blahnik via Bergdorf Goodman

I am normally not a polka dot kind of girl, but I like the stark black and white combined with the criss-cross straps.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! That looks really really good!!

    Hope your Vegas trip went well :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete