Friday, January 4, 2013

Quickie Friday and Variations on a Theme: Festive Frittata

I am not ashamed to admit that frittatas are my fall-back dish when I have very little in the house, in terms of groceries.  I used more south-of-the-border flavors this time around, and it did not disappoint.


2 eggs plus 6 egg whites
olive oil
one small white onion, diced
one clove garlic, minced
one half yellow pepper, diced
cumin, white pepper, salt, cayenne pepper (to taste)
Mexican cheese, shredded (or other cheese of your choosing)
one avocado, sliced

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Beat the eggs together and set aside.  Saute the onion, garlic, and yellow pepper over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes, then add the seasonings.  Saute for an additional minute, then add the eggs.  Stir gently until the eggs start to set, 3-5 minutes, then top with your cheese and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes.  Pull the whole thing out of the oven, top with avocado, slice like a big delicious egg pie and enjoy!!!

While I like to try trends on my feet (why not!) I don't like to spend a lot of money.  The flatform trend that is all over the spring collections isn't my cup of tea.


These wedges, however, are flatform adjacent while still having an actual heel, and therefore worth a try.  Have you tried flatforms?  Love them or leave them?  Tell us in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment