Friday, January 11, 2013

Quickie Friday: Cream Cheese & Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken

I am always looking for new things to do with chicken, especially during the week when I'm often pressed for time (and starving after a day in the library!).



For this recipe, combine:

6 oz. cream cheese (I used fat free)
2 green onions
2 large jalapenos
salt, pepper, and garlic to taste

Cut a large slit into the sides of four chicken breasts (be careful not to slice them all the way through) and spoon the cream cheese mixture into the chicken and use bamboo skewers (or kitchen twine) to secure the closures.


Pan-fry the chicken in a fat of your choosing (I used some of my compound butter) until it's browned on all size.  Then pop the frying pan in the oven for about 15 minutes (at 350 degrees). 


I served the chicken on top of 2 cups of white rice that I combined with one can of Rotel and shredded cheese.  Not the best picture, but it's an easy meal that can be thrown together in no time!

I have been on the hunt for some mid-heel pumps for quite some time (for the days when the library is REALLY crazy) without success.  Until now . . .


These are, of course, sold out in my size, so the search continues.  Do any of you have a mid-heel pump that you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment