Monday, August 8, 2011

Balsamic and Mustard Marinated Flank Steak

Another day, another recipe from my favorite cookbook (Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes, for those of you not yet in-the-know).  Truth be told, I didn't whip up the marinade for this meal, the BF did, but I did all of the cookin' so I believe it still belongs on the blog!


That, peeps, is a big old hunk of meat, marinating away while resting on top of the cookbook!  The recipe states that this only needs to marinate for half an hour, but I figure a little longer never hurts (I think ours was in the bag for about an hour).  After marinating, the steak was grilled, the marinade was placed in a saute pan and reduced, and dinner was served!


Reducing the marinade into a tasty sauce is what made this recipe so spectacular.  It was rich and tasty and the balance of the balsamic with the whole grain, dijon mustard was just perfect!

I have been eyeballing these nude, studded Sam Edelman's for quite some time, and believe they would be a great addition to my wardrobe:


These babies would certainly make a statement with my graduation regalia, wouldn't they?  I can already see the outfit in my head . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment