Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Superbowl Snacks: Part Two

The third item up on the big stupid bowl menu:  potato skins.  I had never made these before, but they were a HUGE hit.  The BF and I both loved the way they turned out and, given my hatred of all things potato, that's a step in the right direction.


To start, I washed and dried the potatoes, brushed them with olive oil, pricked them with a fork, and baked them for an hour at 425.  While they were baking, I grilled 4 slices of pepper bacon, chopped the bacon, and set it aside.  After the potatoes were done baking, I cut them in quarters, scooped out the pulp (leaving about 1/4 inch on the peel) and set it aside (to be used for mashed potatoes . . . or something . . . later).


Then I laid out the skins in a baking dish, sprinkled them with mexican cheese and the bacon, and popped them back in the oven at 350 for about half an hour.


Topped with jalapenos and served with sour cream and salsa, these were AWESOME and went perfectly with the wings I made (post to come tomorrow)!

Another pair of wedges on my lust-list for spring/summer:


Elizabeth and James via Saks

I love the combination of suede and metallic.   They would be (yet another) perfect addition to my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment