Thursday, February 10, 2011

Superbowl Snacks: Part Three

Last, but certainly not least, in my superbowl snack fiesta are parmesan garlic chicken wings.  A nice change of pace from these wings (which are crispy and greasy while remaining delicious) the garlic parmesan variety are baked, have a great texture, and are STILL delicious!


In my food processor I combined 1/2 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1 head of garlic (roasted) and 1 tablespoon of garlic powder and pureed it until it was smooth (then poured it into a breading tray).  In another tray, I combined equal parts parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, and seasoned it with salt and pepper.  I put the wings through the breading process and layed them out it a 9x13 baker.


I baked the wings at 350 for 50 minutes, and they turned out nice and crispy and full of flavor.


I thought the wings tasted great sauce-free, but the BF informed me that they were even better dipped in Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce.  To each his own, I guess!

For my final wedge-centric shoe obsession, I present you a pair that I can afford (and WILL own):


Sam Edelman via Nordstrom

These are different, the height of the wedge is awesome, and they would inject some much-needed pattern into my wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment