Monday, April 9, 2012

Let's Talk About the Oscars . . .

Yea, yea, yea.  I realize they happened over a month ago.  I also realize that I remember NOTHING from the actual show (other than this guy), but that seems inconsequential because I made some GREAT food.  Like, really great.  And an amazing cocktail, too. 

But back to the food.


I am of the belief  that crescent rolls can, and should, be used at every opportunity.  Side dishes, main dishes, appetizers, desserts . . . you name it, I can probably crescent it.  This particular appetizer involves rolling out a can of crescent roll dough, spreading it with a mixture of (fat free) cream cheese, bacon bits (I use the "real" bacon bits), and finely chopped onion, then baking.  But not before slicing it real pretty first.


Baked in the oven at 350 degrees for about 11 minutes, these puff up and become golden brown, and they are guaranteed to make your kitchen smell fabulous.


These are also great served as a starch-alternative at your next brunch of breakfast party.  They are DELICIOUS alongside eggs (and if you can make a fabulously fluffy scrambled egg, without adding anything to it, all the better with these treats).

Much like the delightful aroma of these pinwheels invigorates my nose, these invigorate my feet.

Christian Louboutin via Saks

Or they would, if I could afford them.  Truth be told, I spent about half an hour staring at these shoes before I decided that I like them.  But, in the end, I think they're the perfect mix of natural and outrageous.  And the high wedge heel doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment