Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Saturday Sip: Champagne Sorbet Cocktail

Peeps who don't know me well, and even those who do, may not know just how much I LOOOOOOOOOOVE champagne. (In fact, the F's sister may be the only one who has actually witnessed my unquenchable love for the bubbly).  So when I stumbled across a recipe that combines champers with blood orange sorbet and frozen berries, I had to have it.


Excuse the filthy counters, I was so excited about my cocktail I didn't bother cleaning up after myself.  I can't remember where I saw this cocktail recipe, but I know it showed up the day of the Oscars and I purchased the requisite ingredients immediately.  And I'm not sorry.  Not even a little.  (Additionally, if the bubbly gives you headaches [in which case I feel VERY sorry for you] you can sub in some chardonnay.  Not nearly as tasty, but equally effective ifyaknowwhatimsayin.)

How much better would this cocktail look in my hand if I had this in my other hand:

Derek Lam via Saks

Granted, it wouldn't have gone well with the outfit I was wearing while sipping this cocktail (namely leggings, an oversized t-shirt, and my frog slippies) but a certain amount of pizzazz never hurt any outfit (or cocktail), no matter how mundane (or plain-old-hideous).

1 comment:

  1. Stop it...wish I lived live closer because I would be over there in a heartbeat to sip one of those with ya : )

    Having a cocktail party for my neighbors in May and might be adding these to the drink menu. So fun!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete