Monday, March 12, 2012

Black Bean Stew with Sherry Creamed Corn

This is one of the most complicated and fancy-sounding recipes I have ever made, but was easily one of the most delicious (not to mention fast and nice to look at)!


I did add an extra cup of chicken stock to mine, I'm not going to lie, but I let it simmer down and thicken up for a longer amount of time than the recipe calls for (and for clarity's sake, I went with a low-fat turkey smoked turkey sausage, yum).


I also simmered my corn in the cream for a lot longer, and substituted white wine vinegar for sherry (because I didn't realize I was out until the last minute, and wasn't about to abandon cream on a stovetop to run to the store)!


Is it just me, or are my pictures getting a MILLION times better, peeps?!  Not to toot my own horn, or anything, but that looks as good in pictures as it did in person, and it tasted even better!  If you're ever intimidated by recipes in Food & Wine or Bon Appetit magazines, this would be a good place to show off your culinary skills . . . without too much skill!

Another illusion that I can totally get behind:

Christian Louboutin via Bergdorf Goodman

These "illusion" pumps are fabulous.  The F would probably argue that nobody should have to see that much of my mangy hooves, but I would counter that the neon yellow would make a tan leg look STUNNING, regardless of how misshapen the foot attached happens to be.  Whose side are you on, peeps?

1 comment:

  1. OOOOh you had me at creamed corn : )

    Paula

    ReplyDelete