Monday, April 2, 2012

Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

When I walked in the door with not one but two large cartons of Shiitake mushrooms, I thought the F was going to kick me to the curb.  My fabulous cooking be-damned, mister does NOT like the 'shrooms.  Particularly when they're out in the open like this.


I'm pretty sure that it was the pat of butter, not I, who managed to get him on board with this dish (which is from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes, obviously) but I am not complaining.


Just when I think my pictures are getting better . . . sigh.  Hopefully if/when we move, things will improve.  Anyway . . . while the F ate this dish, the leftovers went untouched (a sign that it probably won't be made again, unless a mushroom lover enters the house) but it was a good experiment in making the F eat things he really doesn't like.  And that's always fun.

Also fun, gold shoes.

 Giuseppe Zanotti via Barneys

I had a student tell me, last week, that she owns gold shoes (that were identical to the purple pair she was wearing) for "safety reasons."  Her explanation confused the men in the room, but I understood.  Great minds think alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment