Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Parmesan Potato Puffs

I promised ya'll that I'd be doing a lot more cooking, what with the new job and all, so I have been cookin' up a storm because, as always, I aim to please. 

As I have shared on numerous occasions previously (here and here, for example) I am not a fan of potatoes.  But, because the F loves them so much, I try to make them from time to time.  I tried these parmesan potato puffs and didn't loathe them as strongly as I typically loathe potatoes (which is saying something) and the F liked them.  That is potato success.


As all potato puffs do (or so I've been led to believe), this recipe starts off with mashed potatoes.  Mine were leftover and garlic-laced, which I thought would give a nice depth of flavor to the puffs (I was, of course, correct).


Because I knew I'd be trying the puffs, I knew they needed to be extra cheesy, so I added an extra . . . oh . . . 1/3 of a cup of cheese (I used a combination of sharp cheddar and parmesan). 


Despite excessive buttering, they were a little difficult to get out of the muffin pan (and I apologize for the terrible picture).  We had our puffs with steak, broccoli, and spinach salad, and they weren't terrible!  I wouldn't go out of my way to make them a part of my diet, but for a potato, not bad.  If you like potatoes, however, I'm sure you'd be whistling a different tune than I!

Speaking of people who whistle different tunes, the F and I seem to live on different fashion planets.  To celebrate my new job, I bought these:

Dolce Vita via Saks

When I placed these beauties upon my feet, the F informed me that, prior to our fabulous years together, he had never seen anybody wear a wedge.  WHAT?!  How could that be possible?  On what fashion planet does one live where nary a wedge is to be found?  I can hardly talk about it, I find it so upsetting.  If you are aware, peeps, of a place in this great nation where wedges are nonexistent, please share this post and spread the wedge-love.  I can't handle knowing that wedge-free universes exist.

3 comments:

  1. OMG you crack me up!!! Wedges would have been way to fashion forward for the big CO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, you always know how to bring a smile to my face!! :)
    And I love the shoes...did you get them in that color?
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get them in that color! You're always telling me I need more color in my wardrobe!!!

    ReplyDelete