Monday, July 1, 2013

Remembering Easter: The Ham

Does anybody remember that little holiday, Easter, that happened so many months ago?  I can't believe I still have recipes to share from our Easter feast, but I do!  The damn wedding just got in the way.


So, basically, I bought an 8 pound spiral-sliced, pre-cooked ham for Easter.  I rubbed it down with salt, pepper, and rosemary, and let it sit while I prepared a glaze.  The glaze (which didn't photograph well) contained a couple of cups of dry white wine, about 1/4 cup of honey, and a Tablespoon of mustard.  I simmered that for about half an hour until it reduced by half.


I baked the ham, covered, at 300 degrees for one hour, then reduced the heat to 200 degrees and let it bake for another two hours.  Every 15 minutes, for the entire 3 hours, I opened that bad boy up and poured glaze over the top of it.  And lemme tell you, it was the most tender, delicious ham I've ever had.  The H (then-F) loved it, and he hates ham.

The H would also hate these:

B Brian Atwood via Saks

But I kind of feel like they're Easter on your feet.  And as only someone who is currently wearing bright pink shoes can attest, that is never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment