Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Easy Grilled Ribs

The H told me, many months ago, that he wasn't a fan of barbeque.  If I remember correctly, it went something like this:

Me:  I could really go for some ribs.  Or a pulled pork sandwich.  Or a half a chicken.  With barbeque sauce, obviously.  And cornbread.

H:  Huh?

Me:  Don't you ever get cravings for barbeque?

H:  No.  I don't really like barbeque.

Me:  . . . .

That ellipses is there because I passed out.  Who doesn't like barbeque?  Or, more accurately, what person who was born and raised in Iowa and lives for meat and potatoes doesn't like barbeque?  What kind of world do we live in?!

And then we went to Sonny's and the H changed his mind and we lived happily ever after.


Which is all true, but not where this story ends because this is a FOOD blog and I'm supposed to deliver food-related content, not just complain about what a goofy weirdo the H is.  I get it (and he is).  So I made ribs at home for you, peeps.  And damn, were they good.


I covered a cookie sheet with foil and slapped (is there any other way?) my ribs onto it, bone-side down (I used about 2 pounds of baby backs for the two of us).  I seasoned the ribs with lots of salt and pepper, then slathered on my favorite barbeque sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's, but with added onions, tobasco, and garlic).  I  baked them, loosely covered, at 350 degrees for an hour and a half.


Then they got thrown onto a grill preheated to medium high, for about 3 minutes a side.  I assure you, you won't be disappointed.  Unless you have a husband who doesn't like barbeque, in which case I'm sure you're disappointed on a number of levels right now, and this post is just rubbing it in.

I'm sorry.

But I'm not sorry about these.

Enzo Angiolini via Nordstrom

Are they boring?  Sure.  Are they basic?  Absolutely.  Are they the perfect librarian pump?  YES.

I shall wear them while reading and eating ribs.

1 comment:

  1. Josh is also a weirdo and doesn't like ribs. I'll have to try these soon so he can realize what he's missing out on.

    ReplyDelete