Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Crispy Fried Potatoes and Roasted Chicken

In an attempt to clean out my drop box, I have come across a LOT of pictures of things that I made months ago.  Months as in pre-honeymoon, pre-wedding, pre-wedding diet, the whole thing.  PRE.


This entire meal was so simple.  It required the following basic ingredients:

Bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (I made two huge breasts)
Yukon gold potatoes
kosher salt
pepper
olive oil

Easy peasy, am I right?
I sprinkled the chicken with olive oil, salt, and pepper and placed it in my baking dish.  I roasted it at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.  Nothing to it.


I shredded my potatoes using the julienne blade on my mandolin/slicer/thing, then tossed them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Very difficult.  Then I tossed them into a pan, let them get crispy, flipped, crisped, and served!


We ate our roast chicken and potatoes with spinach salad.  It was so quick and easy and everything had a lot of flavor, despite minimal prep time and ingredients.  It's a great meal to keep in your back pocket, for days when you don't want to prep anything too involved.  As someone who is known to plan big meals and end up too tired to cook them at the end of the day, it's never bad to have a fallback like this!

And speaking of fallbacks:

 Christian Louboutin via Barneys

Can you ever go wrong with a pump like this?  Ever?!

No comments:

Post a Comment