Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Saturday Sip: Vanilla Berry Protein Smoothie

I know I talk about the wedding a lot around here, peeps, and for that I apologize.  I have been eating and sleeping (and sweating and stressing) wedding non-stop since 2013 came rolling in.  Part of my plan to alleviate stress AND get ready for doomsday the big day involves barre amped classes at Above the Barre.

The classes are freakishly intense and, while I'm thrilled with the results I'm seeing it is VERY difficult being sore 24/7.  Enter protein smoothies.

We always have these big containers of whey protein in the kitchen . . . time for me to take advantage!

I knew I wanted my protein smoothie to be berry-based, with a bit of greens and NO dairy, so I concocted the following recipe (which makes enough for two people):


1 cup frozen, mixed berries (or any frozen fruit of your choosing)
1 cup light vanilla soymilk
1 heaping scoop of vanilla whey protein
2 huge handfuls of spinach

Throw it all in a blender, blend, and enjoy.  I usually end up adding a little ice to the blender, to make them nice and thick.  If you prefer a less frozen texture, this recipe should work just fine!

Spinach?  What spinach?  You can't even taste it, peeps!

This bag is a pretty good visual interpretation of the smoothie:

Reed Krakoff via Bergdorf Goodman

Deep berry hues on the outside and a nice vanilla finish on the inside.  Now if only the bag could help ease sore muscles, too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment