Friday, February 8, 2013

Quickie Friday: Pizza Bread Redux

I have posted this dish before, when my blog was in its infancy and I really didn't know what I was doing.  Enter today, where I have revamped the recipe and am now using a nice camera, and I'm still making pizza bread once a week.



Here is the recipe, as it stands now:

For the bread (I make mine in my bread machine):
3/4 c. water plus 1/2 teaspoon
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried skim milk powder
1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 and 1/4 cup flour
1 and 1/3 teaspoon bread machine yeast

I put that in the bread machine, in that order, and let the dough cycle run.  It takes about an hour and a half.  OR you can buy loaves of 1 lb. frozen white bread dough and let them defrost all damn day.  Your choice.


For the filling:
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (or 1/3 cup, depending on the size of your eggs)
red pepper
oregano
pepperoni (or any other traditional pizza toppings that you prefer, although I don't recommend using a whole bunch or the bread won't bake up very nicely)
mozzarella cheese


Preheat your oven to 375.  Beat your egg with the minced garlic, then add parmesan cheese until the mixture resembles a paste.  Divide the dough in half, and roll out each half until it's the size of a small-ish pizza.  Spread the parmesan mixture equally onto each portion of dough, then sprinkle with red pepper and oregano.


Top the dough with pepperoni and mozzarella (or fillings of your choosing) then roll the dough, jelly roll style, tucking in the ends.


Bake the loaves at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown and, likely, oozing cheese.


Serve with a side of your favorite pizza sauce, for dipping, and enjoy.  While this post wasn't quick in the usual Friday sense, the recipe really is, so I recommend it for a Friday night (or every Friday night, as is the case in our house!).

Since this post wasn't quick in the traditional Friday sense, I thought I'd bend the rules on showcasing cheap(ish) shoes today, too:



I am absolutely in love with these pumps from Zara.  And because the heel is less than four inches, they'd be ideal for MY crazy Fridays (seriously).

No comments:

Post a Comment