Thursday, February 21, 2013

Favorite Things Thursday: My Fitness Pal

One of the great things about maintaining this blog is that it allows me to see what I'm eating and keeps me accountable.  While I've never been one to "diet," per se, I do try and keep track of what I eat and not go too overboard.  With the wedding coming up, I'm watching more zealously than ever.

Enter, of course, My Fitness Pal - an app that lets me keep track of everything I eat (with a handy dandy barcode scanner) as well as all of my physical activity and measurements.


These are not my screen shots (I wish I was permitted 2100 calories a day!)

Once you sign up for an account, you enter your current weight as well as what you hope to weigh (in 5 weeks), and your level of daily activity.  The app calculates everything from there, and it's easy as pie can be!  I have the app on my phone and tablet, and the website is my homepage at work so I never miss a calorie (taken in or burned).

While keeping track of my calories is NOT my favorite thing, this does make it easier and for that I am thankful.

And no, I'm not getting paid for this post (only big time bloggers get paid, peeps).

Images via www.fitcrazy.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment