Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

Once upon a time, peeps, I didn't start each and every recipe on this blog with the words "slow cooker."  That was, of course, pre-graduate school and two jobs.  Now that I'm officially post-graduate school (WOO HOO!) I hope to decrease the number of times my recipes involve a crock pot.  But today is not that day.


This recipe, which requires exactly four ingredients, could not be more simple.  One can, each, of drained corn and black beans, one cup of salsa (or more, if you like salsa.  I used about a cup and a half of HOT salsa), and a few chicken breasts (3-4 large would be ideal).  Throw 'em in the slow cooker on low for about 5-6 hours, and the chicken will be shred-able and taco-ready, with no trouble whatsoever!



The F and I had these in both whole wheat, low carb, blah blah blah soft shells and hard corn taco shells.  Both delicious.  Throw a little low-fat cheese on top, and you're good to go!

These shoes, in all of their gorgeous glory, would be TOTALLY good to go for my wedding if they combined any of the following colors:  cobalt blue, jade green, or pewter.

B Brian Atwood via Saks

Sadly, they are two of my least favorite colors.  Mr. Atwood, if you can hear me, PLEASE throw a girl a cobalt/jade/pewter shoe!  PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment