Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Balsamic Tortellini Salad

This recipe is adapted from another recipe, one which called for lemon juice as the acid.  While I like lemons (particularly in my diet coke), I'm not a huge fan of adding lemon to salads.  So I changed the recipe, and I ended up changing it quite a bit, so I'll just rewrite it here!


Start by sauteing 1/2 cup of sliced red onion with a little garlic in some olive oil (until the onions become translucent) and, in the meantime, boil some cheese tortellini according to the package directions.  Add spinach to the onion mixture and saute until it wilts.  During the last 3 minutes of the tortellini boiling, add asparagus, then drain the whole thing.


After you drain the pasta and asparagus, put it back in the pot and add the spinach and onion mixture.  Add 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan, toss it to coat, then eat up cuz this shit's stuff's delicious!  Oh, and FYI:  balsamic vinegar > lemon juice.  Just sayin.

Also just sayin:

Dior via Neiman Marcus

Do you think it would be appropriate to get married in these boots?  Anybody?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that pasta salad looks amazing. I may have to try that sometime soon.
    To your question about the boots: yes, yes... hundres times yes! They're awesome! :)

    www.fashaholicsanonymous.com

    ReplyDelete