Thursday, May 2, 2013

Favorite Things Thursday: Knockoff Scrubby Bars

Are you fortunate enough to live near a Lush, but unfortunate enough to not be able to afford their fabulous goodies?  Look no further.


I decided to try my hand at making something similar to the Buffy, and I think it turned out pretty well!  I set an 8 cup pyrex measuring cup in a large saute pan filled with boiling water, and I melted the following together:

3 oz. organic cocoa butter
8 oz. organic shea butter
5 oz. organic coconut oil
lemon essential oil
lavendar essential oil

In the meantime, I pulsed a cup of rice and a cup of rolled oats in my food processor.


When the butters and oils were completely melted together, I added the rice and oat mixture.


Then I poured the whole thing into silicone muffin pans.


Pop them in the freezer for a few hours and you're good to go!  Just scrub 'em on at the end of your shower, rinse the foodie bits off of your bod, and air dry!  (Or towel off, if you're not inclined to prance around naked and drip water everywhere).

1 comment: